This is another older piece from my pre-blog life that I thought I’d share.
Why I Love Dogs: 7/13/10
- Your dog loves you for you, doesn’t judge, and doesn’t hold grudges.
2. Your dog always looks forward to spending quality time with you.
3. Your dog won’t leave you, “move on” from you, decide they just don’t love you anymore, decide that you’re not good enough for them, or demand unreasonable things from you that you can’t fulfill only to hold it against you later. There are no double standards.
4. Your dog won’t have dinner waiting on the table when you get home, but they will always be happy that you did come home.
5. Your dog doesn’t mind when you have bad breath or fart. In fact, they seem to prefer it.
6. Your dog’s needs are generally pretty simple.
7. Your dog has faith in you, even when others don’t.
8. Your dog doesn’t care when you call them derogatory things like asshole, dipshit, or maggot.
9. Your dog doesn’t get sarcasm, but they won’t give it back to you, either.
10. Your dog doesn’t care what you look like in your underwear.
11. Your dog won’t run up your phone bill.
12. Your dog won’t take your car without asking.
13. Your dog has no pretenses.
14. Your dog won’t talk shit about you or tell your secrets; they are the perfect confidant.
15. Your dog will provide you with lots of unintentional laughter.
16. Your dog will bond with you in a way you really can’t duplicate with people. You can know a dog after five weeks in a way you will never know a person in the same stretch of time. Your dog really will be your best friend.